Job Type: Contract
Job Industry: Charity
Contact Name: Tom Daley
Job Location: London
Job Title: Accounts Receivable/Credit Controller
Job Salary: £35000 - £35000 Per Annum
Portfolio Credit control are pleased to be working with a renowned business based in Mayfair in the creative industry who are looking for an Accounts Receivable/Credit Controller on a 12 month FTC.
1 Ensure all sales invoice requests and credit notes are raised and posted to the sales ledger promptly.
1 Check authorisation, coding and VAT on all invoice requests is correct and new customer requests are completed correctly.
1 Ensure the timely collection of due debts. Contact customers via telephone, mail and e-mail to collect due debts and minimise overall total of overdue debts.
1 Maintain a clear record of all contacts and progress made with customers; ensure that promises of payment are promptly followed up.
1 Closely monitor and manage the aged debtor listings.
1 Attend monthly (fortnightly, if required) departmental debtor collection meetings, report on current situation and discuss specific and/or long-standing issues.
1 Record and code customer bank receipts (BACS allocations) to be forwarded to the Cash Office on a weekly basis for posting.
1 Raise and dispatch monthly statements, reminders and dunning letters in Collect (SUN module) to all outstanding debtors.
1 Answer and resolve internal and external sales ledger queries.
1 Ensure sales invoice and credit note filing is kept up-to-date.
1 Undertake regular reconciliations of debtor accounts.
1 Prepare and post the weekly online cash expense journal and monthly credit card journals.
1 Prepare information for inclusion in a quarterly dashboard report of Key Performance Indicators, including completing Monthly Review Schedules (MRS).
1 Support the HOAS with the year-end audit, preparing relevant balance sheet schedules and assisting with external audit queries.
1 Support transaction processing projects to improve efficiency and control of sales reporting across both cash and invoiced sales.
1 Undertake any other duty, which may reasonably be allocated by the HOAS or other senior officer.
1 Comply with all relevant Health & Safety policies, procedures and regulations and takes appropriate and reasonable care for the safety of colleagues and visitors to the Academy.
ESSENTIAL EXPERIENCE, SKILLS KNOWLEDGE AND PERSONAL QUALITIES
* Excellent understanding of book keeping and VAT principles, gained from working in a Finance Department.
* Experience of credit control, debt collection and sales ledger work.
* Strong computer skills, specifically EXCEL.
* Experience using SUN systems, including Collect would be an advantage.
* Willingness to learn new systems and to adapt business process to make the best use of new system functionality.
* Well organised, with a methodical and accurate approach to work. Accustomed to meeting tight deadlines.
* Confident and assertive with strong negotiation skills to manage disputed accounts and secure payments in line with agreed terms of payment.
* First class interpersonal and communication skills to develop strong working relationships with internal staff and external third parties.
* Ability to identify problems and proactively use own initiative to solve issues.
* Flexible and adaptable approach to work.