Job Type: Permanent
Job Industry: Business Services
Contact Name: Chad Vigano
Job Location: Leicestershire
Job Title: Credit Control Team Leader
Job Salary: £26000 - £30000 Per Annum
Job Start Date:
This role involves the day-to-day management of the Credit Control function, with full accountability for a team of three Credit Controllers responsible for the efficient cash collection for the Business.
The position is suitable for an individual who is bright, confident, positive and an excellent communicator. You will ideally have experience in leading a team in either a Credit Control, Customer Service or similar department and be capable of working in a fast paced, dynamic but supportive team environment.
You will be responsible for delivering the expected performance from a team with the focus not just on excellence in cash collection but also delivering targets in an environment of exceptional service and client care. A pragmatic, commercial approach to problem solving and excellent negotiation skills are all prerequisites for this rewarding role.
* Daily motivation and drive of the Credit Control team to meet or exceed short term performance goals.
* Communicate clear team objectives, individual goals, KPIs and SLAs and take full accountability for the delivery of same.
* Monitor team performance against KPI’s & SLA’s and be able to explain deviations from targets including but not limited to:
* Movements in Aged Debtors profile
* Activity Stats (call volume, call time, email queue)
* Ensure direct call method is always the first collection contact attempted
* Complete regular call monitoring and feedback
* Initial escalation point for the Credit Control team for account queries and where resolution is outside Credit Control authority or advice required
* Build and maintain a close working relationship with Client Experience and other functions, to resolve all complaints to the clients’ satisfaction
* Own responsibility for higher value/corporate clients and all contact points in relation to overdue accounts and payment arrangements
* Liaise with internal stakeholders on account queries
* Accountability for the overall performance of a team of up to three people.
* Adherence to individual and team Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and Service Level Agreements (SLAs) for internal and external stakeholders.
* Cash Collection, Rescheduling Arrears, Direct Debit coverage, Outbound Call targets, Debtor Days, Collection Efficiencies, Aged Debt movements.
* To ensure a high level of attendance and punctuality.