Job Type: Permanent
Job Industry: Manufacturing
Contact Name: Hugo Pilcher
Job Location: Nottinghamshire
Job Title: Credit Controller
Job Salary: £27,000 - £28,000 Per Annum
Job Start Date:
£27,000 – £28,000
Portfolio Credit Control are recruiting for a well-established wholesale product supplier looking to welcome a new Credit Controller into a longstanding team. The position has come about due to a member of the team retiring and it is a business critical role which will suit a unique individual.
If you are looking for a long term opportunity and a business that truly values their staff, this role could be for you!
Day to day duties:
* Manage a large ledger of client accounts and maintain a strong business relationship with both businesses and individuals
* Request and issue all overdue account reminders in accordance with Credit Control procedures, anticipating later problems where possible for early action by telephone. Procedures are aimed at minimising investment in working capital and overdue debts in particular.
* Contact key customers by telephone prior to reminder letter being issued.
* Approve credit limits or amend credit facilities for customers, based on credit checks, payment performance etc, thereby minimising the risk of bad debt. Follow up information received from credit reference agency(s).
* Provide timely reports to commercial teams, giving full details of the balances on all customers’ accounts keeping informed of precise stage within the credit chase cycle of each account.
* Set up payment arrangements in the form of phased payment for customers experiencing short-term cash flow difficulties as an alternative to legal action.
* Promote payment by direct debit for both new and existing customers. Process requests for direct debit payment promptly and accurately.
* Process statements as necessary.
* Charge interest to overdue customers when appropriate at standard or specially negotiated rates
* Provide finance scheme information when available to relevant customers, liaising with finance company to submit proposals and chase progress.
* Open of new accounts within agreed limits, obtaining status reports, authority to deliver. Confirming, in writing to customer via welcome package, which includes account number, accounts contact and terms of sale.
* Previous Credit Control experience ideally B2B & B2C
* Making decisions with minimal supervision
* Excellent written English and grammatical knowledge
* IT Skills -Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Database Management