Job Type: Permanent
Job Industry: Transport
Contact Name: Tom Daley
Job Location: Essex
Job Title: Credit Controller
Job Salary: £ - £ Per Annum
Job Start Date:
Portfolio Credit Control are extremely pleased to be working with a reputable international transport company based in the Romford area who are looking for a Credit Controller, ideally with experience in Transport or Shipping. Our client is looking for an individual who is friendly, proactive, ambitious and accurate.
General tasks of this role would be;
* Understanding and ability with double entry transactions
* Ability to source specific information from high volume data
* Posting receipts and allocating payments
* Building strong rapport with clients in order to insure invoices are being paid
* Chasing debt via telephone, email and letter
* Running occasional reports for management
* Reconciling accounts
* Negotiating payments plans as a last resort
* Deal with customer queries and take appropriate action needed.
The ideal candidate will have the below previous experience and skill set;
* Experience of credit control essential
* Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
* Able to prioritise tasks efficiently and effectively
* Able to work on own initiative and be able to work as part of a team
* Have flexible work attitude and be pro-active
* Strong communication and negotiation skills
* Good attention to detail
* Experience of handling difficult clients
* Strong IT skills
* Logical approach and process driven
* Strong Excel skills
This is a great opportunity for someone to start a role that has progression, seniority and variation. This would be an ideal role for someone who enjoys working for a corporate business but tired of the commute into the city.
Please get in touch as soon as possible to discuss the details further if you have the skills for this role.