Job Type: Permanent
Job Industry: Professional Practice
Contact Name: Chad Vigano
Job Location: Surrey
Job Title: Credit Controller
Job Salary: £28000 - £30000 Per Annum
Job Start Date:
Our client is a Professional Services firm that requires an experienced and professional Credit Controller to join their team on a permanent basis. This role will involve working closely with two regional offices located in Reading and Gatwick as well as partnering with other key stakeholders across the Group.
It is an exciting time to join this growing business and they are looking for someone who has proven experience in process improvement, works autonomously and who can become an established member of the Credit Control team.
The role will involve some initial travel within the first few months to meet various teams and senior stakeholders within the business followed by a lot of flexibility and remote working.
* Maintain a personal allocated ledger of accounts.
* Review and analyse aged debt against defined metrics.
* Actively chase all overdue debt within the allotted portfolio and update management where necessary.
* Attend face-to-face meetings with stakeholders regarding their debt portfolios.
* Monitor queries and disputes within allocated accounts.
* Ensure that the debtors ledger contains minimal adjustments and where appropriate that overpayments or payments on account are properly returned, applied or cleared.
* Ensure that there are minimal unallocated cash receipts.
* Maintain accurate and up to date client notes following conversations with clients, using PeopleSoft Financials to record status.
* Prepare monthly summary reports.
* Identify problem debts that require escalation and liaise with Credit Control Manager as appropriate.
* Where necessary, engage and manage the process of debts that need to go legal.
* Ensure that bills raised are sent out to clients in a timely manner.
* Work with the accounts receivable team in respect of cash receipts and remittance details to aid effective and accurate allocation.
* Ongoing liaison with other credit controllers across the Firm as required (including attending monthly conference calls).
* Involvement in credit checks on existing / new clients as appropriate before new work taken on.
* Ensure that credit notes are processed correctly, monitoring reasons for credit notes being raised.
* Provide client base with monthly statements of account as appropriate.
* Prepare manual word template statements when required.
* Produce copy bills or summary backup if required for clients.
If you feel you have relevant experience, please apply with a copy of your up to date CV.