Job Type: Permanent
Job Industry: Leisure/Distribution
Contact Name: Chad Vigano
Job Location: Surrey
Job Title: Credit Controller
Job Salary: £30000 - £31000 Per Annum
Job Start Date:
My client a successful Distribution business based around Weybridge are looking to take on a Credit Controller to manage their client portfolio and report into an impressively experience Group Credit Manager. They are looking for someone with a proven track record within Credit Control take full ownership of a high-profile ledger within the Credit Control function. You will be working in a B2B environment so customer services skills will play a key part in being the successful applicant.
This role will be office-based.
* To assess all new account applications
* Assessing the acceptance or rejection of credit facilitates with customers
* To maintain all customer credit limits in line with Company policy and customer purchasing requirements. Including monthly review of £10k plus customers.
* Ensure yearly financial review is logged and maintained on customers trading above a given level
* Collection of debts within assigned credit terms and achievement of individual & department targets and the keeping of meticulous records & review dates via a customer diary system
* Listening to the financial issues of customers and making sound commercial arrangements for payment plans
* To process any credit held orders and contact sales / customers where necessary in a timely & commercial manner
* Reconciliation and Allocation of monies received in line with customer remittances.
* To record and manage all customer queries and disputed invoices.
* Assist in the management and responses to the central Credit Control email address
* To ensure customer database is accurate and up to date along with the filing and maintenance of relevant associated filing.
* To refer accounts, where appropriate for litigation
* To ensure maximum efficiency of the Aged Debt by liaising with local business branches, including a monthly meeting with each Business Manager via telephone or face to face
* To visit customers where necessary to ensure smooth running of the account / build relationships and to aid credit assessment
* Regular visits to assigned branches and attendance of weekly credit meetings held by Group Credit Manage
* Ad hoc duties as assigned by the Group Credit Manager / Assistant Credit Manager / Team Leader
* Commercial B2B credit control experience in a relevant fast-moving environment with the confidence & ability to place pressure tactfully on individuals / companies who owe money
* Ability to explain financial issues to others in a simple yet direct manner
* Ability to work in a team environment
* Ability to work under pressure and work to strict deadlines
* Ability to gauge different situations and behave accordingly
* Strong and adaptable personality
* Good organisational & time management skills
* Credit assessment knowledge
* Intermediate or above Excel skills
* An understanding of double entry book keeping
* Knowledge of Microsoft AX Dynamics / similar system