Job Type: Contract
Job Industry: Educations
Contact Name: Annabel Arnold
Job Location: London
Job Title: Credit Controller
Job Salary: £38000 - £40000 Per Annum
Job Start Date:
Portfolio Credit Control are working with a well-known, long-established business based in the heart of London, looking to take on a Credit Controller on an initial interim basis.
This is an opportunity not to be missed as this industry is growing in need and so are Credit Controllers.
This role will be part time and the clients are very flexible around childcare, studying etc.
You will enjoy working within a supportive, bubbly environment where the long-term progression opportunities are endless. This role will be the right route if you are looking for self-growth and a successful future.
Some of the many benefits of the role:
* Breakfast provided daily
* Internal and external training programs
* Regular team social events
* Company book club
* Additional benefits if this role becomes permanent
Brief overview of the Day-to-Day Responsibilities as a Credit Controller:
* Responsible for the collection and recovery of all outstanding Overseas Visitors and Fee-Paying debts.
* Generating and despatching of statements through reminder letters, email, via high volume telephone calls, and face to face meetings.
* To liaise with staff from source departments, Consultants etc. to resolve queries raised by debtors in an efficient and timely manner.
* Produce monthly, the aged debt report and detailed analysis of overdue accounts for senior management.
* The successful candidate is ideally working to a short notice or immediately available
What we need from you:
* A Minimum of 1+ years’ experience in a credit control role within an end-to-end function including responsibility for your own cash allocation (required)
* Experience of working within the public sector – Schools experience would be a bonus (ideal)
* Knowledge of Excel would be beneficial, especially knowledge of Vlookups & Pivot Tables for reporting purposes
* Knowledge of Xero accounting package preferred
* Alignment with our core values
* A business-oriented mindset
* The ability to work in a fast paced environment and meet strict deadlines
* Curiosity and a desire to learn and innovate
* Grit, resilience and empathy