Job Type: Permanent
Job Industry: Credit Control Client
Contact Name: Samuel Lowe
Job Location: Surrey
Job Title: Credit Controller
Job Salary: £27000 - £30000 Per Annum
If you want to develop in your career in finance, this might be the best place for you to be. Our client is looking to grow their energetic financial team by adding a Credit Controller. You will have many opportunities to grow in this role, with opportunities to participate in a growing business.
This is a respected client and competitive position, so if you feel this role is a good fit for you, please apply as soon as possible. This way we can discuss it and decide if you will be considered.
As a Credit Controller, the role consists of:
* Responsible for a ledger of approximately 1000 accounts, and to proactively manage the collection of debtor balances by phone, email, and letter.
* To ensure accurate and timely notes are against each customer account in Oracle.
* To continually meet the cash collection and debtor day targets as set by the company.
* To understand all business procedures to easily identify any potential barriers to payment.
* To proactively manage all customer queries, through investigation to query completion.
* Maintain own ledger; ensuring correct details are registered resolving unallocated cash, credit balances and customer refunds
* To ensure daily debtor calls are duly made as part of monthly collection strategy.
* To make decisions regarding customer holds and when litigation processes should begin.
* To work with revenue billing, order authorisation, sales teams, and other internal contacts to ensure correct information is provided to customer.
* To post cash payments onto customer accounts.
* Work with the Team and the Credit Manager on Direct Debit collections and processing.
* Update Lease payments in Oracle, reconciling lease company prepayments
* To ensure manager consistently advised of any customer issues.
* To ensure over 60day debt is kept to a minimum.
* Comply with all Group policies, procedures, and objectives.
* Undertake any ad-hoc duties as directed by the Credit Manager
To be a successful Credit Controller, you’ll require:
* IT skills: necessary MS Office applications (Excel, Word, Outlook,)
* Experience dealing with customers in any capacity would be advantageous
* Diligence is key, strong focus on daily tasks
* Must be well organised performing daily and monthly duties
* Good critical thinking skills for customer disputes, account Reconciliations
* Must feel confident dealing with customers both on the phone and in writing
* Strong computer skills, with proficient level of excel.
* Ability to perform as part of a team and within a busy office environment.
* Desire to learn and progress within Credit Control.
In return, the company will offer:
* Company pension
* Employee discount
* Free parking
* On-site parking
* Hybrid Working