Job Type: Permanent
Job Industry: Property Services
Contact Name: Brandon Robinson
Job Location: London
Job Title: Credit Controller
Job Salary: £25000 - £30000 Per Annum
Portfolio Credit Control are currently working alongside a magic five law firm who have one of the most reputable names within the Legal sector and for all the right reasons! Our key client is looking to take on an end-to-end Credit Controller on a permanent basis, this position has a clear line of career progression into Credit Management and will give you the responsibility to manage your own ledger and build key relationships from day 1. This legal giant is looking to take someone on who can have the confidence to build the credit team and have a successful long-term career with the business. There is also an additional guaranteed bonus of 10% to all employees!
Key Responsibilities as a Credit Controller:
* Liaising with clients and building strong relationships.
* Maintain aged debts and pro-actively monitor invoice collections.
* Ensure appropriate telephone or email contact is made at the earliest possible stage on overdue debts.
* Sales ledger reconciliation.
* Ensuring the Ledger is up to date.
* Handle disputed customer accounts and negotiate accordingly.
* Evaluate accounts for debt collection and legal action.
* Post and allocate customers receipts.
* Answer queries and enquiries from internal and external customers.
* Meeting weekly, monthly and annual deadlines.
Skills and experience required:
* Able to demonstrate a minimum of 1 – 2 years’ experience working as Credit Controller while liaising with key customers.
* Legal experience would be advantageous.
* Can anticipate development to identify accounts that will require special attention.
* Well organised with excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
* Ability to work well within a team as well as autonomously.
* Strong Excel experience required (V lookups & Pivot Tables)
* Experience of providing Credit Control to organisations within the Legal sector would be preferred but not essential.