Job Type: Contract
Job Industry: Financial Services/insurance
Contact Name: Chad Vigano
Job Location: London
Job Title: Credit Controller (insurance)
Job Salary: £30000 - £35000 Per Annum
Portfolio Credit Control are working with a specialist organisation within the insurance industry based within the city of London, looking to take on an experienced end-to-end Credit Controller. This is a fundamental role where the relevant candidate will take full ownership of their own ledger within a well-established team. The role will be best suited to someone who has experience within the insurance industry and Credit Control.
Overall responsibility of the Role:
To deliver timely, accurate and professional support to external and internal stakeholders in the collection of premiums, the allocation of cash and the production of reports and broker statements
* To collect premiums in accordance with the company’s credit control procedures.
* To promptly and accurately allocate premium receipts on a daily basis on the Sun accounting system.
* Continuously investigate, follow up and resolve any unreconciled cash in conjunction with underwriters and brokers.
* To accurately maintain and keep records up to date on in-house system and accounting system.
* To provide general assistance within the Finance Department as and when required.
* To respond promptly to correspondence and other enquiries received in the Finance Department
* Significant experience in Credit Control, preferably within the insurance industry.
* Ability to work with minimum supervision and meet deadlines
* Ability to manage and deliver under pressure and tight deadlines
* Strong analytical and problem solving skills
* Flexible and adaptable approach to work
* Excellent communication skills with the ability to develop and maintain good working relationships with both internal and external stakeholders
* Intermediate Word and Excel
* Ideally have experience of Sun Systems
* Negotiation skills