Job Type: Permanent
Job Industry: Recruitment
Contact Name: Chad Vigano
Job Location: London
Job Title: Credit & Purchase Controller
Job Salary: £36000 - £40000 Per Annum
Job Start Date:
The Portfolio Group are working with an award-winning recruitment business looking to take on an experience Credit Controller to manage an end-to-end Credit Control ledger and oversee the business purchasing function. The organisation have won multiple awards within the industry and have seen impressive growth over the last 20+ years. This is an exciting time to join the business and they invite forward-thinking, experienced individuals with solid credit control experience to apply!
Credit Control responsibilities:
* Manage an end-to-end ledger, taking full ownership of the collections process.
* Validate all new clients’ details using Credit Safe and advise management if there are any concerns with their score.
* Set up all new clients on the finance system accurately and efficiently.
* Obtain all new client information from the relevant consultants.
* Accurate receipting of payments in Sage, reconciling all funds accordingly
* Ensure T&C are signed and filed for all new clients’ and applying those terms in SAGE for accurate reporting.
* Monitor Clients on Credit Safe daily and notify management of any concerns.
* Work to KPI’s set by management on debt recovery. For example, always having a target of 85% on monthly collections.
* Escalate debt recovery by contacting client and internal contact to resolve payment and retain ownership until resolution.
* Send out reminders and final notice leading to a court claim if required.
* Any late payment concerns are to be notified to management, with recommendations.
* Produce weekly debtor reports, with detail commentary with dates of last communication.
* Assist with the uploading of invoices to certain client portals
Purchase Control Responsibilities:
* All new suppliers need to be validated – using Credit Safe, and HMRC VAT portal (to confirm VAT number matches with the supplier). All supplier invoices must quote a company number also (if not, they should be returned).
* Weekly review of Aged Creditors and ensure invoices are matched to direct debits on a regular basis.
* Copies of invoices to be provided to management on payment requests.
* Processing invoices and correctly entering them as prepayments and fixed assets as required.
* Any request to change supplier bank details needs to be validated by a call to the supplier and ideally, a hard copy letter received in the post.
* Dual director approval on payments over £1k
* No same day payments unless approved prior.
* Reconciling supplier statements to Sage.