Job Type: Permanent
Job Industry: Financial Services/insurance
Contact Name: Brandon Robinson
Job Location: London
Job Title: Finance Manager - International Outsourcing
Job Salary: £70,000 - £70,000 Per Annum
Job Start Date:
Portfolio Credit Control are currently partnered with a global powerhouse who specialise in providing Corporate & Global Expansion, Active Wealth, Pension & Incentive services, and Fund solutions. They are currently looking to strengthen the Finance function with an outsourcing Finance Manager who will have an impact from day one and manage a large team within the financial space. This opportunity has a clear line of progression into Director level and will be joining a reputable business who offer flexibility, an exciting working environment, and the chance to take your career to the next level.
Purpose of Role
* To manage the day to day running of the International Financial Outsourcing team with senior members of staff, alongside looking after a portfolio of clients.
* Responsibility for staff matters – interviews, inductions, progress meetings, wellbeing, training, career development, study support and appraisals. Work with the team to ensure their objectives are met, as well as those of the firm, and all remain motivated and engaged.
* Management of team responsibilities in day-to-day operations – e.g. organising work plans, new clients / allocations, international compliance deadlines, recoverability reviews, regulatory compliance etc.
* Control of a portfolio of clients (consisting of large, complex and international clients), ensuring all client reporting and payment deadlines are met and liaising with other teams on compliance and new service lines as needed.
* Full review of management accounts, ensuring technical accuracy and any anomalies are investigated and resolved before submission to the client.
* Review of VAT return submissions, EC sales lists and Intrastat returns, arranging any necessary payment
* Managing the onboarding of clients and attendance at new client calls for Financial Outsourcing scoping and preparation of proposals
* Maintaining excellent relations with clients, acting as the main point of contact, responding effectively to any queries in an advisory manner and resolving any issues.
* The review and monitoring of team timesheets to ensure they are accurate and reasonable, escalating if additional resources are required and reallocating work if needed.
* The review of payment runs and online BACs payment submissions
* Portfolio Work In Progress and billing control; understanding client contracts, ensuring a thorough understanding of the contracted scope of work and agreeing special fees where required.
* Identifying and implementing new standards/ processes and enhancements to the existing compliance routines and control systems. Researching and implementing new accounting initiatives for efficiency and to improve the quality of work.
* Leading and controlling a regular programme of recoverability, contract reviews and fee negotiations
* Keeping up to date with technical and industry developments and ensuring the team makes changes where needed.
* Thorough understanding of VAT reporting requirements and financial reporting requirements / GAAP differences and changes.
* Identifying issues for the team and ensuring training is provided to manage risk, develop understanding and ensure the team have the skills to deliver
* Spending time with Directors to brainstorm new ideas and work on projects
* Ensuring full compliance with anti-money laundering obligations
* Preparation of engagement letters for review
* Leading meetings, both internal and external
* Developing and maintaining key contacts in the business and professional community
Knowledge and Experience
* Experience of working in an Outsourcing team within practice, looking after a portfolio of clients
* You must be an ACA / ACCA qualified accountant with post qualification experience
* Inspirational and can motivate others
* Able to manage tasks with good time management and ability to work to tight deadlines
* Have strong communication skills and confidence when dealing with clients and teams
* Show depth of technical and professional standards, with an analytical approach and good attention to detail
* Have clear career targets and plans to develop further
* Accept challenges enthusiastically and overcome barriers
* Self-disciplined, proactive, able to make and justify own decisions
* Forward thinking, demonstrating an ability to influence positively
* Involvement in networks of like-minded professionals – LinkedIn, Xero community and attendance at events etc.
* Demonstrate a calm approach to problem solving
* Strong commitment to client care, communication, client service and client retention
* Strong commercial awareness, seeking revenue and profit opportunities
* An enthusiastic, smart-working individual with that vital “can do” attitude
* A willingness to learn and grow within a commercial environment where client care is the primary focus
* Comfortable taking responsibility, happy to take the lead and deliver on projects