Job Type: Permanent
Job Industry: Business Services
Contact Name: Chad Vigano
Job Location: Greater-manchester
Job Title: Financial Controller
Job Salary: £45000 - £50000 Per Annum
Job Start Date:
You will be responsible for managing all aspects of the finance function within a highly successful recruitment organisation who are thriving in multiple sectors across the UK . In a key role for the business, you will ensure the finance function is carried out effectively and efficiently to deliver weekly payroll and billing processing, ledger processing, credit control, monthly payroll, and the preparation of a monthly management accounts pack.
To ensure the finance function is well managed, staff are properly trained and developed, and workflows are efficiently organised, monitored and managed on a daily basis.
This is a “hands on” role, working closely with the Directors as part of the Senior Management team, ensuring that procedures are robust, efficient and scalable. Your aim is to support the operational demands of a dynamic sales led business environment.
Operations Director and Group Finance
* Business partner with Senior Management, Marketing and Advertising, focusing on continued company growth.
* Liaise directly with the board of Directors on company strategy and commercial growth plans.
* Manage the workflows of the Payroll Processing Manager, Sales Ledger, Credit Control and Purchase ledger
* Work closely with the Payroll Processing Manager to ensure the weekly timesheet and billing process is carried out accurately and in line with strict operational timescales
* Carry out six monthly performance reviews of the Payroll Processing Manager and Credit Controller
* Carry out the month-end routine in line with strict cut-off deadlines
* High-level authorisation of supplier payment files
* Ensure accurate reporting of sales figures and calculation of recruitment consultants commissions
* Prepare monthly management accounts with commentary, highlighting trends and variances against budgets
* Carry out all key balances sheet reconciliations each month
* Attend monthly management accounts review meetings with Group Finance.
* Prepare and agree budgets and forecasts with the Directors, on a quarterly and annual basis
* Produce cash-flow forecasts and review regularly with Directors
* Work closely with the Operation Director to develop systems and processes
* Prepare working papers and lead schedules for the annual audit of the financial statements. Effectively coordinate with the external accountancy firm to ensure the process runs smoothly.
* Be a key contact within the business for Stakeholders including Support staff, Recruitment consultants, Managers and Directors.
* Produce management accounts for a small entity within the family group of companies
* Have a recognised accountancy qualification ACCA/CIMA/ACA
* Possess strong analytical skills with excellent attention to detail
* Confident self-starter and commercial acumen
* Ability to handle multiple tasks while meeting tight deadlines
* Previous supervisory or staff management experience is desirable
* Have strong Excel skills
* Possess strong communication skills and the ability to develop positive working relationships within the finance function and across the business
* Your strong accountancy discipline and analytical skills will be put to the test in this commercially driven role