Job Type: Permanent
Job Industry: Business Services
Contact Name: Chad Vigano
Job Location: London
Job Title: FP&A Analyst
Job Salary: £49000 - £50000 Per Annum
Job Start Date:
The Portfolio Group are currently sourcing for an FP&A Analyst working for an awarding winning professional services consultancy, part of one of the largest privately-owned Global professional services groups.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a commercially minded individual to join a busy finance team within a dynamic and fast-growing sales-led company.
Reporting to the Head of Finance, strong analytical and data manipulation skills will be put to the test in this commercially driven role. The role will take on the financial planning and analysis across the business but will also be tasked with supporting the Head of Finance with greater financial insight into the business.
The role will focus on delivering budgets and forecasts, preparing monthly management reports, and providing various transactional analysis such as new business growth, value and profile of discounts offered to our clients, rate of client retention as well as analysis of cancellations.
Day to Day Responsibilities
* Assist with the business planning and forecasting processes
* Preparation of monthly management report (MMR)
* Provide support in calculation of annual budget/quarterly forecasts, metrics and KPIs reporting
* Work closely with the Head of Finance in delivering presentational outputs for discussion with the Leadership team
* Analyse large amounts of information from various sources to discover trends and identify challenges/opportunities to improve the business performance
* Provide monthly analysis and reporting around the following areas:
* New business profile and analysis of discounts offered to the new/existing customers
* Retention and cancellation analysis
* Client numbers analysis
* Business partner with the Sales Team as well as the group Finance team
* Management of Commercial Analyst and Junior Commercial Analyst responsible for commissions calculations
* Provide ad hoc analysis as required, including assistance with specific project/initiatives analysis
Skills and Qualifications
* High quality Excel (ideally including macros and VBA), PowerPoint and Word skills are essential
* Have a recognised accountancy qualification or working towards
* Excellent planning and analytical skills, together with a proactive approach
* Ability to manage workloads to strict reporting deadlines, as well as to react flexibly to changes in requirements
* Keen to learn and understand complex systems, processes and the mechanics of a business
* Demonstrates a ‘Can-do’ attitude, able to co-ordinate multiple inputs to provide clear, concise and insightful management information