Job Type: Permanent
Job Industry: Business Services
Contact Name: Chad Vigano
Job Location: Greater-manchester
Job Title: Graduate - Assistant Accountant
Job Salary: £20000 - £23000 Per Annum
To assist the Commercial Accountant in the preparation of the commercial financial analysis and reporting and provide financial challenge, support, and insight to aid decision making. This role also works closely with the rest of the finance and the wider sales teams and therefore the candidate must work well as part of the team.
A fantastic opportunity to join a busy finance team within a dynamic and fast growing sales driven group of companies. You will be instrumental in the reconciliation processes, systems, and routines to maintain and improve the quality and efficiency of periodic reporting.
The role will focus upon providing greater insight around the key elements of contract sales including lead channels, pricing, discounting, product mix and sales commissions. A key objective will be to maintain a robust commercial workflow process around a fast-paced sales machine.
* Complete reconciliations, investigating, reporting and clearing any differences throughout the month and quarter in the following areas;
* Ensure data reconciliation procedures are maintained between Salesforce and Unity database
* Review input accuracy of processed contracts on Unity and working closely and liaising with Sales Ledger team to ensure anomalies are rectified
* Work closely with the Payroll & Commissions team to ensure reconciliation procedures operate effectively
* Assist with cost of acquisition, product/sector mix analysis and KPI reporting
* Assist in the preparation of the sales budget
* Assist with commissions analysis at individual levels and team
* Assist with pricing and discounting at individual levels and team
* Assist with financial analyses for key stakeholders, throughout the month and quarter in readiness for the Sales Conference
* Adhoc query management
* Looking to work towards an accountancy qualification ACCA/CIMA/ACA
* Good Excel knowledge (Ideally Vlookups & Pivot Tables)
* Possess strong analytical skills with excellent attention to detail
* Confident self-starter and commercial acumen
* Can work on own initiative and under pressure
* Ability to organise & prioritise workload and handle multiple tasks while meeting tight deadlines
* Ability to organise, manipulate and present large volumes of data using Excel spreadsheets
* Possess strong communication skills and the ability to develop positive working relationships within the finance function and sales teams
* Your strong accountancy discipline and analytical skills will be put to the test in this commercially driven role.