Job Type: Temporary
Job Industry: Media/Advertising/Publishing
Contact Name: Chad Vigano
Job Location: London
Job Title: Part-Time Credit Controller (Media)
Job Salary: £13 - £14 Per Hour
Job Start Date:
Portfolio Credit Control are working with a rapidly expanding media organisation who are going through significant stage of growth. Following a number of acquisitions over the last year or so they are looking to take on a new Credit Controller on an interim basis working part time hours. The role will start off office-based while the successful candidate gets up to speed, with the option of hybrid working in the near future. The Part-time interim position would also turn into something more permanent for the right person. As a credit Controller, you will develop close working relationships with all stakeholders enabling you to proficiently manage queries within SLA’s, whilst adhering to business processes deadlines.
* Manage an end to end ledger and take responsibility for collection of outstanding debt.
* Action queried debt, investigate and resolve within agreed SLAs with all key stakeholders.
* Carry out billing, collection and reporting activities according to specific deadlines.
* Investigate and solve client issues to reduce the overall DSO.
* Assist with allocation of cash to support the accurate and efficient collection of debt.
* Identification of unallocated cash due to missing receipts or unidentified payments belonging to clients.
* Reconciliation of Cash & Identification of all receipts – provide assistance to line manager and treasury to ensure that all payments are allocated in accordance with month end close.
* Monitor and maintain up to date client records on both the booking and billing systems.
* Complete all due diligence on all new client applications and review of all sole traders/Ltd companies to minimise exposure to the business.
* Raise credits and invoices as required and within necessary SLA’s.
* Track and log credit activity on a weekly basis, including details of credit notes raised and the reasons behind credit notes being raised.
* Maintain a high overall Cash Collection of previous months billing target.
* Continue to monitor 30+ day aged debt
* Aim to keep the overall DSO below 30 days unless exceptional circumstances
* All Cash receipts to be reviewed on a daily basis, to ensure correctly identified and allocated to the account.
* Recent experience of working within the private sector – media would be a bonus
* Knowledge of Excel would be beneficial, especially knowledge of Vlookups & Pivot Tables for reporting purposes
* Ideally a minimum of 3+ years credit control experience within an end-to-end function including responsibility for your own cash allocation