Job Type: Permanent
Job Industry: Oil/Gas/Household Services
Contact Name: Brandon Robinson
Job Location: Leicestershire
Job Title: Senior Credit Controller
Job Salary: £27000 - £30000 Per Annum
Job Start Date:
Portfolio Credit Control are currently working with an established energy business who are growing rapidly! Our client has been established for 6 years and are looking to double in size again by 2024 with a total of 500 employees projected growth. They are looking to bring in a Senior Credit Controller into one of their specialist energy branches based in the midlands. This role does offer remote and hybrid opportunities also. As well as paying a competitive salary there is also the opportunity to gain a 20% bonus paid quarterly. Now you can probably see why the business has had such growth due to their approach rewarding employees for the work that they do. If you are feeling undervalued with your current employer, you will not here!
* As a key member of the Credit Control team, the Senior Credit Controller will be responsible for meeting cash collection targets and keeping bad debt to a minimum through a mixed-method, high volume communication strategy.
* A key focus of the role will be resolving disputes by customers as well as overseeing a debt portfolio, including generating and populating debt reports, managing refunds, highlighting credit risk, reconciling open transactions, processing allocations, and negotiating repayment plans where required.
* Take ownership of a debt portfolio of customers, building good working relationships and reducing outstanding delinquent balances with key contacts – Identify missing payments – Resolve queries both internally and externally relating to outstanding debt.
* Proactively collect debt from customers according to the contractual payment terms through a combination of telephone, email, letters, and virtual or in-person meetings – Resolve complex disputes or key account issues through contact with various departments, including the gathering of information and paperwork, review of contracts and investigation into discrepancies – Work with approved specialist collection agencies or solicitors and ensure pre-action protocols and contact with debtors has been undertaken in compliance with legislative and organisational requirements.
* Run regular debt reports for management to analyse outstanding debt within portfolio and populate with detailed information relating to ongoing queries and actions taken to recover outstanding invoices.
* Provision of excellent customer service levels to all customers, including tailored communication to different customer types – Meet financial, performance and quality targets as set by the Credit Operations Manager – Support the credit decision making processes by ensuring up-to-date customer information is maintained and communicated to relevant stakeholders.
Skills and experience required:
* Experience of credit control activities within a large organisation.
* Knowledge of credit management legislative and regulatory requirements.
* Verbal, written and digital communication skills to deliver excellent customer service.
* Friendly, confident, and motivated team player.
* Investigative skills to resolve disputes and queries.
* Able to manage a large debt portfolio and high volume of diverse tasks.
* Strong negotiation skills and ability to influence customers and stakeholders.
* Strong interpersonal skills, including teamwork, collaboration and relationship building.
* Able to effectively manage conflict and keep calm and resilient in stressful situations.
* Eye for detail and willing to take ownership for the quality of information presented.
* Ability to understand how your actions, thoughts or emotions affect you and others.
* 24 days annual leave + bank holidays.
* Annual leave purchase up to 5 days.
* Learning and development opportunities.
* Employee perks and support.
* Day off on your birthday.