Job Type: Permanent
Job Industry: Media/Advertising/Publishing
Contact Name: Chad Vigano
Job Location: Berkshire
Job Title: Trainee Finance - Purchase Ledger
Job Salary: £22000 - £23000 Per Annum
The Portfolio Group are working with a very well-known and instantly recognisable media brand looking to bring on a Junior Purchase Ledger on a permanent basis. This is an entry level position and would suit someone early on in the career looking to get their foot in the door within a finance environment. This position would start off as more of a Junior Purchase Ledger dealing with queries but quickly develop into a fully-fledged member of the team. If you have recently completed a degree in a finance relatable subject or are a school leaver from a customer services/sale environment, this could be the role for you!
* Established yourself as an enthusiastic and friendly member of the Purchase Ledger team
* Created relationships with people within the business to ensure invoices are approved in a timely manner
* Worked with suppliers to resolve outside queries
* Be confident answering the phone and dealing with any issues
* Chasing up old invoices to clear the ledger
* Day to day processing of supplier invoices
* Dealing with supplier queries
* Statement reconciliations
* Answering calls to the Purchase Ledger team
* Gathering information to setup new suppliers
* Basic Excel skills
* Strong organisation skills
* Good communication
* Willingness to learn
* Team player
* Wanting to pursue a career in finance
* Show flexibility as required to assist with customer service by offering alternative solutions or various options that minimise the risk but enable the organisation to satisfy an order.
* Prioritise as required throughout the monthly cycle so that targets & deadlines can be achieved.
* Be proactive and tenacious in anticipating and resolving issues at the earliest opportunity, recommending process or system improvements that could be implemented to reduce the level of queries going forward.
* Strong and respectful relationships with other areas of the business and customers alike.
If you have recently completed a degree in a finance relatable subject or are a school leaver, this could be the role for you!