Job Type: Permanent
Job Industry: Manufacturing
Contact Name: Laura Murphy
Job Location: Scotland
Job Title: Credit Controller
Job Salary: £25,000 - £30,000 Per Annum
Portfolio Credit Control are currently sourcing for a well-know UK wide building company are looking for a candidate to join their established team. The role is permanent and based in Glasgow, hybrid working will be on offer.
Responsibilities include chasing debt via telephone and email, allocations, handling client queries, credit checking, general accounts receivable administration, sales ledger invoicing, liaising with key internal and external stakeholders.
Candidates must have had previous experience within Credit Control. Have the ability to communicate both written and verbally. Must have excellent attention to detail.
This is a great opportunity for a candidate who has 2 years plus Credit Control experience and the successful candidate will be rewarded financially and the advantage of working for a household name.
* Initiating reminders in accordance with a strict timetable
* Drafting and sending non-standard letters and emails relating to arrears / disputes / queries
* Processing debit/credit card payments for selected accounts
* Dealing with general enquiries by telephone, email, letter about fee related matters.
* Liaising with Admin staff and Heads of subsidiaries
* Liaising with other Departments within the organisation to discuss overdue accounts
* Assisting with the preparation of timely E-billing, out sorting paper bills where required
* Provide accurate monthly reports to Heads of departments
* Keeping an up to date / ongoing arrears list
* Attend debtor meetings with management to stay on top of troublesome accounts
* Credit Control experience
* Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to communicate effectively with staff at all levels
* Professional telephone manner and ability to ask challenging questions
* Experience using Microsoft Excel and Word