Job Type: Permanent
Job Industry: Property Services
Contact Name: Chad Vigano
Job Location: London
Job Title: Credit Controller
Job Salary: £31000 - £32000 Per Annum
Job Start Date:
My client a successful residential property business based in the heart of West-London are looking to take on a Credit Controller to manage their impressive tenant portfolio. They are looking for someone earlier on in their career looking to take the step up and take full ownership of the Credit Control function. You will be working in a B2C environment so customer services skills will play a key part in being the successful applicant.
This role will initially be office-based but will look to offer flexibility and the opportunity to work remotely once up and running.
* Chase outstanding rent via telephone, email & letters to ensure that payments are collected on time.
* Keep landlords up to date with progression and any updates from tenants.
* Be the first point of contact for tenants, landlords and Tenancy Managers throughout the process to build relationships and encourage timely payments.
* Monitor rent arrears with an aim to reduce any arrears older than 90+ days.
* Chase outstanding tenant renewal fees using phone and email.
* Chase outstanding letting and renewal fees from landlords.
* Liaise with neighbouring departments in order to gather any specialist/additional information to resolve queries efficiently.
* Maintain full and thorough notes on database to ensure a clear audit trail of events.
* Allocate payments in various formats (such as credit or debit card, cheque, cash) accurately and apply relevant charges in line with the Company policy.
* Maintain regular cross functional communication with Client Accounts in order to ensure a seamless link, support and accurate reporting.
* Check and post the Standing Order Forms to the Tenant’s bank to ensure that their bank is instructed to pay on time.
* Ensure that the Standing Order Forms are completed correctly and that a record of all posted forms is kept.
* Provide training for new/temporary members of the Department.
* Prepare training materials for negotiators to ensure that they are encouraging timely payments from their Tenants and Landlords.
Key Skills and Experience:
* Credit Control experience is essential
* Property experience is not essential but would be beneficial
* Proven customer service skills.