Job Type: Permanent
Job Industry: FMCG
Contact Name: Hugo Pilcher
Job Location: Kent
Job Title: Credit Controller
Job Salary: £30,000 - £30,000 Per Annum
Portfolio Credit Control are currently partnered with a well-established FMCG business who have consistently grown year on year. With expansion of clients means the need to add some talent to the Credit Control function.
This role is responsible for the day-to-day management of the sales ledger, allocation of cash receipts, queries handling and assisting the team to maximise the overall cash collection across all sales sectors, whilst mitigating company exposure and high-risk situations.
Key Responsibilities (but not limited to):
* Managing a combination of Ingredients, Food Services and Retail accounts. These responsibilities may be expanded as the role progresses.
* Responsible for managing the allocation of cash receipts for your allocated ledger.
* Consistently reaches out to their respective customers to discuss ongoing improvements in the communication required to ensure prompt payment from our major accounts.
* Reporting on a regular basis to the Credit Control Supervisor and Manager on the position of the assigned sale ledger and problem accounts and discussing the course of any action where applicable.
* Create, initiate, and promote new ideas and processes.
* Proactively contacting customers (primarily) by phone and (secondarily) by email to chase any outstanding monies and to deal with any customer queries.
* Managing the process to ensure customers have received invoices which have been accurately raised and distributed in a timely manner.
* Creating and maintaining customers’ accounts and running credit checks on existing and new customers.
* Knowing and understanding the processes of Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) invoicing and ensuring resolution of all errors and queries received.
* Assisting in the refining of the existing processes and procedures to help maximise the cash collection.
* Assist with developing non-financial staff members’ understanding of the process and the importance of Credit Control within the Group.
* Build and maintain strong working relationships, both internally and externally ensuring high standards of service are always provided.
* Can structure and plan all responsibilities to ensure the most efficient use of time and efforts.
* Handle disputed accounts and negotiate with clients to bring payment in line with terms.
* Undertake other ad hoc duties as directed by the Supervisor/Credit Manager
* 3-5 years Credit Control Experience
* Experience within FMCG or a product/stock environment.