Job Type: Contract
Job Industry: Business Services
Contact Name: Chad Vigano
Job Location: London
Job Title: Credit Controller
Job Salary: £30,000 - £31,000 Per Annum
Portfolio Credit Control are currently sourcing for a well-know name in the education sector based in London. This is an initial 10-month contract to cover a Maternity leave within the team with the option for a potential extension.
Our client is offering a Hybrid working environment one you are up and running, with the expectation to be 3 days minimum in their Central London offices. The Ideal candidate would be able to step into a role from March and be available to interview immediately.
You will be a key member of the Finance function and report directly into Credit Control Manager who holds a wealth of experience within the education sector and is excellent mentor.
* Identifying Overdue accounts by producing aged debtor lists
* Initiating reminders in accordance with a strict timetable
* Drafting and sending non-standard letters and emails relating to arrears / disputes / queries
* Processing debit/credit card payments for selected accounts
* Negotiating with delayed client accounts via letter, email and telephone, keeping up to date records
* Dealing with general enquiries by telephone, email, letter about fee related matters.
* Liaising with Admin staff and Heads of subsidiaries
* Liaising with other Departments within the organisation to discuss overdue accounts
* Assisting with the preparation of timely E-billing, out sorting paper bills where required
* Provide accurate monthly reports to Heads of departments
* Keeping an up to date / ongoing arrears list
* Attend debtor meetings with management to stay on top of troublesome accounts
* Strong Credit Control experience
* Credit control experience within the Education sector would be beneficial
* Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to communicate effectively with staff at all levels
* Professional telephone manner and ability to ask challenging questions
* Experience using Microsoft Excel and Word