Job Type: Permanent
Job Industry: Credit Control Client
Contact Name: Brandon Robinson
Job Location: London
Job Title: Senior Credit Controller
Job Salary: £35,000 - £40,000 Per Annum
Job Start Date:
Portfolio Credit Control are currently partnered with an award-winning environmental business who have one of the most reputable names within the sector. Our key client is looking to take on a Senior Credit Controller to tackle the aged debt and help reduce and maintain a healthy ledger. on a permanent basis, this position will give you the responsibility to manage your own ledger and build key relationships from day 1.This reputable business is looking to take someone on who can join the successful credit team and play a part in the success!
* Be responsible for managing a medium-large sized ledger.
* Sending out regular statements and reminders.
* Provide monthly aged debt reports via excel to the financial controller.
* Maintain the live aged debt listing in excel and run various formulas for accuracy back to Sage.
* Monitor and manage invoices at different stages of being due.
* The role requires focus on individual old, queried invoices but also sending general communications in bulk for more recent invoices.
* Identify problems at the earliest possible stage so issues do not drag out and affect the target of debt >90 days.
* Liaise directly with clients to improve processes and ensure that new accounts are set up correctly.
* Work closely with colleagues to focus on resolving specific issues holding up payment of invoices.
* Assist in monitoring purchase orders that may be required and/or in need of renewal.
* Perform credit checks on new clients and set credit limits.
* Other ad hoc tasks may be required to assist the finance team, including BACS processing, allocating payments received, general accounts queries.
Skills and experience required:
* Able to demonstrate a minimum of 3 years’ experience working as a Senior Credit Controller while liaising with key customers.
* Strong Excel experience required.
* Degree qualified would be advantageous.
* Have a ”can do” attitude.